Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Loch Ess...brought to you LIVE from Dubai

One of the sad things about this trip is that my compadre Mattie couldn't come along. It's been his dream to come to England for years, and I can't say the same for me. So in the spirit of love and companionship I've printed out 10 photos of Matt to leave in random spots around Britain. At the back I wrote, Matthew was here (sorta).


So if you happen to be travelling internationally these few weeks, you might find his picture someplace. Yes, it will be still there. It wouldn't be Mattie if you could get rid of it easily.

Anyway, here are the photies of the trip so far. I've seen nothing but airport so bear with me.


Here we are at Cape Town airport. I told Mattie I didn't need those shoes, but he insisted on buying them for me. BTW, Mattie, if you are reading this you owe me 50USD. Pay me back any time.

The first thing I wanted to do once we landed though was check out an authentic Arabic restaurant.



I ended up going with Burger King though.


Dubai toilet paper. At least it's warm

One of the cool things Emirates does though, is that they have these huge glasses bins with slots on top around the airport where people can stick money for charity.



That's when it hit me. What would Mattie do if he saw bins of money just sitting there?



So I tossed him in there. I hope in doing so I didn't somehow pledge his services to some Arabic harem, but at the end of the day, it's all for charity right?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome - And as long as you left off his e-mail, he's probably safe from conscription... probably ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you spray yourself clean with the water, how do you dry that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to be able to write 'McDonalds' in Arabic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Mattie in a harem sounds like fun. Your pictures are great, keep 'em coming! (TWSS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha im sure your friend mattie had a great time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's actually pretty cool. I'm sure your friend Mattie thinks so too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In spite of your weird review from AAYSR, and your somewhat single minded response to it - I still think you are the cat's meow, the dog's bark and the most clever young girl it has been my pleasure to run across here on the world wide web.

    I remain enchanted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is hilarious! Great pictures and captions!

    Hope you have a fun trip! I've always wanted to go. Now, when I do, I'm definitely going to see if I can spot Mattie somewhere ^_^

    ReplyDelete