Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Steak so good, he’ll watch a chick flick with you...


...unless he already watches them, like DW. But I gave this to my friend and she swore her husband watched “The Notebook” with her. At least halfway. * Don't worry I took his man card away.


FILLETS WITH MUSHROOM & RED WINE SAUCE, SPICY POTATO WEDGES & ONION RINGS


Melt 2 x spoons of butter, add a teaspoon crushed garlic and sauté. Stir in quarter cup of dry red wine (I used the 2008 Baronne Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz from Nederburg). Add either ½ hot beef stock or ½ cup fresh cream, depending on how rich you want it. Stir in salt and pepper and 1 tbspn of fresh rosemary or 1 tspoon dried rosemary. I prefer fresh, but then I saw my cat peeing in that part of the garden, so I gave up the whole herb garden thing. Add in cooked sliced mushrooms and heat it up.
Steak should be fried SIMPLY with fresh black pepper, salt , soy or Worcestershire sauce and a dash of vinegar to soften it. Seal it quickly by turning it over in a very warm skillet, then fry it quickly. I love mine rare, but it’s up to you.
Fry up some potato wedges and onion rings and drizzle it with a combo of olive oil, sundried tomatoes, chilli and peppers for added zing or serve it plain with barbecue salt if you sampled too much red wine.

ENJOY

*TIP FOR GENTLEMEN: Spoil your woman. Rent an art movie. It’ll make her cry and you will look sophisticated. And there is a good chance you’ll see boobs 15 minutes into the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment