Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shitmydadsays


So there is this twitter guy who got a book deal and a TV show just writing about stuff his dad says. I thought it was worth a shot. And my dad is pretty funny, regardless.


Me: Hey Dad.

Dad: Your mother isn't home.

Me: Oh, no, I'm looking for you.

Dad: (pause) Why?

Me: I got car trouble I think.

Dad: Didn't I give you away at the altar?

Me: (pause) Um...yeah...?

Dad: I GAVE YOU AWAY. You should be his problem.

Me: The oil light keeps going on when I step on the brake.

Dad: Don't step on the brake anymore.

Me: Um. I don't think I can avoid it.

Dad: So...tape something over it if the light bothers you.

Me: Wait, so my car is NOT broken?

Dad: It probably is, knowing you.

Me: Are you still upset over that CD player? I was 14.

Dad: That doesn't make it any less broken.

Me: (sigh) Give my love to Grandma.

Dad: You do the same with whatsisname.

Me: Bye Dad.

Dad: Your mom will be here at 7.

Me: BYE DAD

Dad: Okay.

2 comments:

  1. Probably because your oil level is really, really low and when you put the brakes on whatever drop you have left sloshes to the front of the engine so there is not enough left to register at the pump sender, and when you are in park you are only idling, so it is not creating enough pressure at the pump and the light comes on. You should get your oil level checked while you still have an engine left to put some in. Like tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!! That is Hilarious! Sounds JUST like my dad!

    ReplyDelete