Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hey, I was a grave digger in my past life


I did this thing online where you enter your birthday into the little box and then it tells you what you were in your past life. Mine says that I was a gravedigger in China in 1073. My mother has taken this as a total and complete affirmation for all of her bizarre beliefs (a mix between Christianity, Buddhism, The New Earth philosophy, Deepa Chopra's various books on tape and random things she reads in Cosmo). "No, no," she said, excitedly. "Think about it. You took Japanese lessons. You like Chinese food. You are lactose intolerant. And you were always digging holes as a child."
And now I have a complex because I don't like to think that I spent my entire childhood working at my chosen profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment